Latest Real Estate News on 'Goa'


Illegal houses issue dominates Pilgao meet

Comments Off on Illegal houses issue dominates Pilgao meet   |  January 21, 2014

BICHOLIM: The issue of illegal houses kicked off much heat and dust at the gram sabha on Sunday at Pilgao as members demanded razing of all the unauthorized structures in the village.

The issue cropped up after one member, Deelip Gawas asked sarpanch Jayant Kavelkar to revoke the approval (NOC) issued to a ship building company operating in Sarmanas area to construct the bridge near the traditional pedestrian’s way at Pilgao-Sarmanas.

Kavlekar chaired the gram sabha in the village panchayat hall and a large number of members attended. Six out of seven panchas were present.

Gawas said there were two possibilities of either revoking the NOC issued to the ship building company to construct a bridge, endangering the traditional pedestrians using the path from Sarmanas to Pilgao or to direct the owner to widen the existing traditional passage into a road.

“It would be a death trap for pedestrians with the proposed bridge,” he said.

But Kavlekar instead of considering the alternatives, suggested that Gawas demolish his own house, alleging that it was an illegal structure. At this juncture, there was chaos as the villagers and Gawas came down heavily on the sarpanch, stating that his allegations were baseless. They urged him to demolish all the illegal houses existing in Pilgao village.

Confusion prevailed for some time due to arguments over illegal houses.

But, Gawas remained firm on his stand to demand that the sarpanch revoke the NOC given to the shipbuilding owner to construct a bridge near the existing traditional pathway.

After realizing the gravity of the situation, the sarpanch agreed to do either of the things and said that the village panchayat authorities would inspect the pedestrians’ way on Wednesday to decide the future course of action.

Issues like sanitation in the panchayat area, frequent power-cut problems, cleanliness of stormwater drains and other matters were discussed during the meeting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Illegal-houses-issue-dominates-Pilgao-meet/articleshow/29077568.cms



Building collapse: CM Manohar Parrikar says guilty won’t be spared

Comments Off on Building collapse: CM Manohar Parrikar says guilty won’t be spared   |  January 5, 2014

PANAJI: Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar assured on Saturday of stringent action against the builder and municipal officers concerned in connection with the collapse of an under-construction building at Canacona near here.

At least 40 people were feared trapped under the debris, even as eye-witnesses claimed that rescue workers have pulled out six bodies.

However, no official confirmation on this has been received so far.

“Police have filed an FIR against the builder and municipal officials concerned who had sanctioned the building,” the chief minister said.

More than 50 workers were on the site when the accident occurred around 3pm.

Parrikar, who was near Canacona to attend the state-sponsored folklore festival, rushed to the site.

Subsequently, the government announced cancellation of the event.

“Current priority is to rescue people trapped under the rubble and the government has also taken help of Army to clear the debris,” Parikkar said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Building-collapse-CM-Manohar-Parrikar-says-guilty-wont-be-spared/articleshow/28404614.cms



Get land records at click of a button

Comments Off on Get land records at click of a button   |  January 1, 2014

PANAJI: The user friendly website www.dharnaksh.com introduced by the directorate of settlement and land records in June, 2012 has received tremendous response from the users globally. The website facilitates any user in the world to view and print extracts of land records at the click of a button.

The website has so far received more than 50000 hit and about 3500 registered users succeeded in getting copies of land records through payment gateway without having to visit office of land records.

Mihir Vardhan, director, directorate of settlement and land records said everyday about 200-250 hits are recorded. The present statistic revealed that web service has been used by more than 4295 people from United States, 2384 from Australia, 1632 from UAE and Gulf countries, 517 from UK, besides large number of people within India.

For this achievement, the department has won Geospatial World Excellence Award 2013 which was presented at Rotterdam, Netherlands on May 15, 2013.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Get-land-records-at-click-of-a-button/articleshow/28164920.cms



Goa tourism minister denies wrongdoing in land transaction

Comments Off on Goa tourism minister denies wrongdoing in land transaction   |  December 24, 2013

PANAJI: Goa tourism minister Dilip Parulekar has denied any wrongdoing in taking possession of 599 square metres of Serula communidade land along the Chogm road at Porvorim.

Parulekar told TOI that he has followed all procedures, paid the necessary fees to the Serula communidade to get the land regularized to his ownership.

Political parties like the state NCP and other social activists have criticized the tourism minister by alleging that he used state machinery and his political office to acquire the land illegally.

But Parulekar said he is occupying the land for over 20 years and that he has a favourable ruling from the court regarding the possession of the land. The tourism minister reminded that he has in the past, challenged his critics to prove any illegality in the land transaction and that he would resign from office if they proved any illegality.

The Goa NCP has been very vocal on the issue. NCP vice president Trajano D’Mello, a political opponent from Parulekar’s Saligao constituency, has claimed that on November 9, 2011, Parulekar wrote to the attorney of the comunidade requesting regularization of the ‘encroached area’. The attorney, in the general body meeting, claimed the occupied land, with a structure and a deep stone quarry, “is not fetching any rent nor value and is a loss to the defendant” and the meeting resolved to go with the request.

On July 15, 2012, shortly after Parulekar became minister, the attorney moved an application to the administrator of comunidades, North Goa, for the land’s regularization.

The administrator was asked to forward the proposal to the Administrative Tribunal, which granted the order on September 27, 2012.

The attorney issued a certificate to Parulekar on October 28, 2012, five days after the minister paid, via draft, 3,41,430 for the land.

The final possession was given on July 29, 2013, in a civil suit. D’Mello alleged that the land is worth a minimum of 30,000/sq m as against the 570/sq m that Parulekar paid.

Parulekar denied the charges. “Communidades are giving so much land to non-Goans. I am a Goan and followed all procedures in getting the land,” he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Goa-tourism-minister-denies-wrongdoing-in-land-transaction/articleshow/27795762.cms?



New bill to give land to Mayem residents: CM

Comments Off on New bill to give land to Mayem residents: CM   |  December 21, 2013

PANAJI: Chief minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday announced that the government will introduce and pass a bill in the forthcoming assembly session that will give residents of Mayem the ‘benefits of total liberation’.

A draft bill will be placed in public domain within a month for public comments, Parrikar said in his liberation day speech at Campal, prompting the Mayem Nagarik Kruti Samiti ( MNKS) to withdraw its chain hunger strike in Panaji.

The new legislation will empower the state to acquire land in Mayem and hand it over to the people with a clear title.

Parrikar said most of the land in Mayem stands in the name of the government. He said the problem arises as some people claim ownership over it as it has been in their family even before the Portuguese came to Goa, and the people of Mayem claim that their land was given to the Conde de Mayem. “I am not going into that…land is in the name of government, except some of it, that land which is in the name of government will be acquired,” Parrikar said.

He said the land acquisition is so as to handover a clear title to the property to the people of Mayem. “Some people may fight cases against those who get that land, so I am clearing the title before the land is given,” he said.

“Any claim of anyone on that property will be wiped out with the law and the land will become of the government. Then we can allot the land to the people of Mayem as compensation,” he said. With this the people of Mayem need not fight cases in court over any counter claim as any claim will have to be made with the government and the government may settle it either directly, through the court or reject the claim.

The chief minister said there would be a mechanism in place, such as a tribunal, where Mayem residents will have to stake their claim once the law comes into force.

Parrikar said even after 52 years of liberation from Portuguese rule, residents of Mayem are still deprived of their rights as their land comes under the Evacuee Property Act.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/New-bill-to-give-land-to-Mayem-residents-CM/articleshow/27667333.cms



River Mhadei diversion: 28-member delegation in Goa to study ‘lifeline’

Comments Off on River Mhadei diversion: 28-member delegation in Goa to study ‘lifeline’   |  December 14, 2013

KERI/BICHOLIM: A three-member team of the Mhadei water disputes tribunal along with 25 officials of the Maharashtra and Karnataka governments are in Goa to study the socio-economic impact of the River Mhadei on the little state.

The delegation arrived on Thursday in response to an invitation of the state government to understand how this river, called the Mandovi in Goa, is a lifeline as it flows towards its final destination, the Arabian Sea.

Goa is opposing its neighbour Karnataka’s moves to divert and dam tributaries of the river. The group will be joined by local officials as they visit the Mormugao port trust ( MPT), the Cumbarjua canal where the Rivers Mandovi and Zuari meet, and the island of Divar on December 13.

They will also visit the Amthane dam in Bicholim, the Anjunem dam in Keri, Sattari, and various water treatment plants, including Opa, that rely on water of the Mandovi.

The Goa government has submitted before tribunal that Karnataka, illegally and without any approvals or consent from Goa, is creating infrastructure to divert a large quantum of water from the tributaries of the already water deficient River Mhadei to the Malaprabha river basin.

It has prayed that the works under way at Kankumbi-the diversion of water into a nullah of the Mhadei’s main tributary, Kalasa-should be stopped by the tribunal through a clear, adequate and unassailable restraint order.

It has further stated that if the works are allowed to continue and in the event that Karnataka is not able to construct the Kalasa dam, water flowing into the Kalasa nullah through most of its sub-tributaries would automatically flow into the Malaprabha even without the dam.

The tribunal team is headed by former SC judge, Justice J M Panchal, and has as members former judge of the Madhya Pradesh high court, Justice Viney Mittal, and former judge of the Andhra Pradesh high court, Justice P S Narayana.

On December 17, the panel will visit Virdi in Maharashtra where work on an irrigation dam is under way, and from December 18 to 24, it will visit the Kalasa canal and diversion work site in Kankumbi, the proposed Kotni dam site near Jamboti and the proposed site for the Bhandura dam and diversion at Nerse near Khanapur. Meanwhile, in Bicholim, Sakhali MLA Pramod Sawant told reporters, “We will submit a memorandum to the visiting tribunal panel along with copies of the resolutions passed unanimously by various panchayats of North Goa opposing Karnataka’s plan of damming and diverting Mhadei’s tributaries.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/River-Mhadei-diversion-28-member-delegation-in-Goa-to-study-lifeline/articleshow/27253866.cms



Bambolim-Dona Paula four-laning begins

Comments Off on Bambolim-Dona Paula four-laning begins   |  December 13, 2013

PANAJI: The PWD has begun work of four-laning the 7 km-long Bambolim-Dona Paula road, PWD principal chief engineer J S S Rego said on Thursday.

The four-laning will be done on the existing road from the Goa Medical College & Hospital (GMC) in Bambolim till the NIO circle at Dona Paula.

Almost 3km of the road runs through the Goa University campus. The project has worried Goa University academics and students over the loss of green cover as about 700 trees have been earmarked for felling, academics claim. The four-laning is likely to gobble up 45,000 sq m of green cover in the form of trees and vegetation in the campus, academics said.

The project will cost 33 crore and is expected to be completed within 210 days. Rego said efforts are on to achieve maximum possible results in time for the Lusofonia Games due in January 2014.

“It was a long-pending demand as traffic has increased tremendously. Chief minister Manohar Parrikar has also directed us to expedite work due to the Lusofonia games,” Rego said, adding that the road is important due to the presence of one major sports stadium near the Goa University.

The project envisages the straightening of the alignment and laying of footpaths on either side in time for the January 2014 Games. The total width of the road is around 25m. This includes two lanes on either side, footpaths, median and drains.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Bambolim-Dona-Paula-four-laning-begins/articleshow/27253908.cms



Previous Real Estate News     Next Real Estate News

Did'nt find what you are looking for? Try this…..